Saturday 17 April 2021

Chinese Drama : Empresses in the Palace 后宫·甄嬛传

Alternative Title

The Legend of Zhen Huan

Year Released

2011

Genre

Historical fiction

No. of Episodes 

76 - running time of 45 minutes per episode

Starring

Sun Li, Ada Choi, Chen Jianbin, Li Dongxue, Jiang Xin

Storyline

EITP takes place during the Qing Dynasty under Yongzheng Emperor's (Chen Jianbin) reign. 

It tells the story of Zhen Huan (Sun Li) on how she starts from Emperor's favoured concubine to later an Empress Dowager.

She is often being plotted by Consort Hua (Jiang Xin) and Empress (Ada Choi).

Using her wisdom, she eventually conquered her enemies.

My View

EITP is the best Chinese historical fiction drama which I have watched so far. Even Story of Yanxi Palace has to come in second.

All I can say is that every character suffers (except the Emperor). There is always a reason for one turning into a villain. 

My hubby actually called me (I'm on my way home from work), telling me to hurry up as he was following each episode desperately. I had ordered him not to watch the drama without me. Lol!

Rating

5/5 Stars

 

No comments:

Post a Comment