Monday 3 May 2021

Korean Drama : The King: Eternal Monarch


Year Released

2020

Genre

Romance, Fantasy

No. of Episodes

16 - running time of 70 minutes per episode

Starring

Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae, Lee Jung-jin

Storyline

The story sets in two parallel worlds where Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) is the Emperor of Kingdom of Corea. He discovers an access to Republic of Korea after crossing a mythical door opened by his half-uncle, Lee Lim (Lee Jung-jin).

Lee Gon comes across detective Jeong Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun), whom he recognises from an identity card he obtained during his father's assassination. Lee Lim who assassinated the previous king, Lee Ho (Kwon Yul), is in hiding and assembling armies while traversing back and forth between the two parallel worlds.

My View

The plot is exciting and you need to follow through every bit in order to understand.

Some of the parts I'm still puzzled till now so I probably have to re-watch again.

I still remember a scene between Head Court Lady Noh Ok-nam (Kim Young-ok) and Tae-eul. After I finally get what they were saying, I had goosebumps all over.

I literally re-played that part again to make sure I watched it correctly.

Rating 

5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment